Saturday, October 12, 2019

Articles Of The Week October 13, 2019

 

We know that certain things like lifestyle, genes, diet, and habits contribute to the chances of having dementia later in life. However, there is growing evidence that chronic use of certain over the counter medications and prescription drugs are linked to the development and exacerbation of dementia and it’s symptoms.

“Study: Common Types of Medications Linked to Increased Dementia Risk” – The Hearty Soul

As soon as I saw this, I knew I had to share it! Ontario is working a trial where drones deliver an AED to cardiac arrest patients, and they’re arriving on average seven minutes before EMS crews. Imagine the difference this could make if one of your patients was suffering a cardiac condition in your clinic.

“Drones Arrive 7 Minutes Before EMS Crews In Policy-Changing Trial” – EMS 1

Sometimes (well…most of the time), we have to educate the public that there is more to what we do than just simply “massaging” people. In order to change this we not only need to educate the public, but also other health care professionals, providing advocacy, and educating other therapists.

“Physical Therapy, More Than Just Stretches” – Jennifer Stone

I don’t know about you, but for me massage therapy college was stressful, it felt like I was drinking from a firehose with the amount of information being thrown at me. I wish I had this advice with tips on studying while in massage therapy college.

“Tips For Studying In Massage Therapy School” – National Holistic Institute

I’m a TERRIBLE procastinator, so if you’re anything like me, you’ll find value in this article. Even if you’re not, I’m sure we’d all like to find ways to be more productive, so here’s some help with that.

“A Simple Trick For Getting More Done” – Carmen Ohling

 



from Beauty Salon, Spa, Massage https://themtdc.com/articles-of-the-week-october-13-2019/

No comments:

Post a Comment